KC Podcast - Episode 117: Passing the Baton

Christmas Playlist 2

Last year I shared a playlist of Christmas music I was listening to at the time. I'm still enjoying all of that music (especially Downe in Yon Forrest which is officially my favorite Christmas album ever), but there is also another sort of Christmas album to consider. These are the albums you listen to, not when you're sitting and enjoying a peaceful meal or sitting in front of your lit tree, but when you're in the hustle and bustle, wrapping, laughing, decorating, cooking. The fun, bouncy music that sets the mood for the season. This year, I'm posting a list of the fun, bouncy holiday music for the boisterous parts of the season.


1. Barenaked for the Holidays
I've been a Barenaked Ladies fan for a long time, and they never do things by halves. Their Holiday album is no exception. It is jam packed with fun, happy renditions of favorite Christmas songs, and a few of their own thrown in. This is one of our family's favorites at Christmas time (or Hannukah time for that matter).

2. A Very She & Him Christmas
This is the most low-key of the selections on this list, but when She & Him sing classic pop Christmas songs, they often do them better than the original. Their gender-swapped version of "Baby, It's Cold Outside" is hilarious.

3. Christmas with the Chipmunks
A true Christmas classic. I remember that even ALF listened to this for Christmas. (And if you're too young to remember ALF, I feel sorry for you.)

4. Veggie Tales Holiday Pack
Okay, so I'm cheating here. I like so many songs from both of the Veggie Tales Christmas albums, that I decided to choose both. "The Incredible Singing Christmas Tree" and "A Very Veggie Christmas" are staples in the Davis house.

5. Boogie Woogie Christmas
This is new to us this year, but I predict that Brian Setzer's  swing/blues renditions of Christmas songs are going to be with us for a long time. Our kids especially love his version of Jingle Bells.

Comments