25 September 2014

Do You Wanna Kill Some Trojans?

I wrote this for my Omnibus students at school. We're reading the Iliad right now, and I realized that no one has really explored the musical possibilities for this book.



So, as a step in that direction, I present to you a scene from ILIAD: The Musical! This is the part of the book where Odysseus, Phoinix, and Aias come to Achileus's tent to persuade him to rejoin the fight:


Odysseus: Achilleus?
(Knocking: Knock, knock, knock, knock, knock, knock)
Do you wanna kill some Trojans?
Or chase Hektor ‘round the walls?
I think some aristeia’s overdue;
 Some tripods wait for you
 And gold and girls and all-
 We’re getting pretty battered;
It’s quite apparent that Zeus is on your side.
 Do you wanna kill some Trojans?
 We really wish you’d kill some Trojans.

 Achilleus: Go away, Odysseus

 Odysseus: Okay, bye...

 Phoinix: (Knocking) Do you wanna kill some Trojans?
 Come on lets go out and slay.
 We never see you in the field;
 Pull out your shield
 Without you it’s not the same-
We both grew up together
 Come on do a favor
 For an old friend…

 Aias: (Knocking) Achilleus?
 Please, I know you're in there,
 People are asking where you've been
 They say to put your courage to the test;
 We know that you’re the best, just let me in.
 We used to be unbeatable;
 Now it’s clear
 That we all need you back.
 Do you wanna kill some Trojans?
 We really wish you’d kill some Trojans.

2 comments:

Veronica Andreades said...

HAHA, this is brilliant.

Erica said...

The song popped in my head as soon as I glanced at the title. Was not disappointed.

Now you just need to actually record it and post a video of it. ;-)