KC Podcast - Episode 117: Passing the Baton

Best Halloween Candy

It's been a while since I've done one of these top 5 things, but in light of the approaching holiday, I'm going to present you with:

The Top 5 Halloween Candies of All Time



1. I have no idea what these wonderful things wrapped with black and orange paper are called. I only know 2 things. 1) They show up only at Halloween. 2) They are fanstastic.

2. Popcorn balls. Today, parents often don't let their kids have homemade candy because of the vast numbers of children who die every year from poison and razor blades in Halloween candy. (Fact check: That actually never happens.) However, popcorn balls are among the most awesome Halloween treats of all time.

3. Whoppers. These are technically a year-round candy, but I only ever had them at Halloween.

4. Candy Corn. No comment needed here. Candy corn is simply awesome and uniquely autumnal.

5. Fun-sized Twix. Of all the candy bars out there, Twix makes the transition to fun-size best. I think the fun-sized Twix are better than the regular ones.

So there you have it, folks. Does your list match mine? If not, leave a comment and let me know what you want to get instead in your Halloween bucket this year.

Comments

Mom said…
Candy corn....YUCK! I never liked that stuff. We had whoppers all the time....ok, so your grandad would eat them all while you were at school...lol! Uncle Bob's popcorn balls were the best!!!!!!
Erica said…
Only homemade popcorn balls are good. The store bought ones are nasty.

Also candy corn is amazing Mom. Someone brought in a huge bag of it to work, and it's already gone...
Rick Davis said…
Erica's right, mom. Candy corn is great. And I agree on popcorn balls. They have to be homemade.