KC Podcast - Episode 117: Passing the Baton

Top Ten Christmas Songs

One of my favorite parts of Christmas is the music. There’s something about the songs we sing at Christmas that conjures simultaneously the mystical and the earthy, the celebratory and the contemplative, that encapsulates the historical meaning of the word “solemn.” And so, just for fun, here is the list of my top ten favorite songs at Christmastide.

10. Savior of the Nations Come

9. O Come All Ye Faithful

8. God Rest Ye Merry, Gentlemen

7. It Came Upon a Midnight Clear

6. Of the Father’s Love Begotten

5. O Little Town of Bethlehem

4. Masters in this Hall

3. I Saw Three Ships

2. O Come, O Come, Emmanuel

1. Let All Mortal Flesh Keep Silence

And when my son Luther saw what I was doing, he wanted to make his own list. So here it is in no particular order.

We Three Kings of Orient Are
I Saw Three Ships
O Come, O Come, Emmanuel
Angels We Have Heard on High
God Rest Ye Merry, Gentlemen
Hark! the Herald Angels Sing
Joy to the World
Let All Mortal Flesh Keep Silence
O Come All Ye Faithful
The First Noel

Comments